To put up an update here is for my future record. I would like to apologize to all of you for this continuous story about my Ba.
However, over the previous weekend, Ba has been put to sleep by the hospital.
- They changed the oxygen mask to the oxygen tube for the oxygen through mask's capacity was not enough to support his needs. This tube is functioning as the oxygen supplier direct to the lungs and also for the doctors and nurses to do suction.
- They ran a CT Scan procedure last Friday to detect any abnormalities in the body. Everything seems fine. The only dangerous threat is the infections in Ba's lung is very severe. But why did they put him to sleep from Friday until today? Though the sleeping medications has been reduced, but they continue it still. Is it some sort of painkillers? I didn't have any chance to meet the doctors, and the nurses are not helping at all.
- The blue bag on the right side contains nutrition for Ba since he is unable to eat and drink orally. It has been 3 weeks now that he has been given it.
- Ba is so skinny. Sob..sob. Can see his bones everywhere now.
- Look at his fingers. They are swelling. Sob..sob...
- Look at his arms and hand. They bandage it. Remember I mentioned about blood flows out from under his skin?
Oh...oh.... we do have certain unsatisfactory though. Not to the doctors, not to the hospitals, but for the nurses. Oh my, are they really sincere in doing their jobs? I mean, these certain nurses are so mean! Only a few...the rest are super nice.
1.) Mommy happens to watch one of them clean up Ba's stoma. Ba has a serious lung infection, so no infectious conditions should be tolerated. But this nurse, clean up Ba's stoma using a small wet towel from beginning to the end, without rinsing the towel a few times or with other solutions, or with a new clean towel. The same towel which has been covered with blood, etc has been wiped onto Ba's skin right to the end.
So, Mommy asked a doctor and the doctor apologized. But doctor said, he can't say much for that. Does that mean, doctors are not in-charge when confronting the nurses?
2.) Ba is wearing a special long white socks with open toes to help the blood circulation at the legs since he has not moving much. However, while they were trying to insert the IV's line at Ba's feet, or maybe while they were taking Ba's blood, the blood stained the white socks. At first Mommy kept the thought within herself, but on the 3rd day, Mommy start to ask. The sock is dirty. Stained with blood. And Ba is seriously need to be in a very hygiene situation. Why the nurses left it there. Owh, the nurse answered arrogantly :
" Makcik, kat sini tak ada clorox. Kalau nak bersih, makcik bawaklah balik, cuci sendiri".
Well, first, should you use that tone to a makcik?
Secondly, why at the first place, you didn't mention about us clean it up ourself?
Thirdly, where is your dedication to maintain a hygiene condition for the patient?
Mommy has been patiently answered : " Tak apa. Bagilah. 10 pun makcik boleh cuci. "
But, this also Mommy told the doctor. And, maybe the doctor did 'talk' to the nurse. And the next day, these two nurses from two situations came and met Mommy. Again, with samseng style they said :
" Makcik ni siapa yer? Makcik terasa ke? Kitorang cakap elok2 kan?"
Wahhhhhh!!!!! That way aaa talking to a patient's relative. I mean, you are in ICU men. Come on!!
Another incident happened yesterday, Sunday. My brother in law noticed a medication given to Ba through one of the tubes from the machine oh his left was dripping! The medicine was leaking!!!! That means Ba has not receive a proper dose of medication. Damn! And when my brother in law informed the nurse, she gave him a super sour face. Oh my...!!! They seriously need to attend a 3 series of customer service training plus one special weekend for Khemah Ibadah strictly to teach them on how to be sincere in doing their job.
Ok, I have been collecting these points. If it continues, I may need to write a formal complaint. One to be given to the Hospital's Director and another copy to be given to the Ministry of Health.
We hope, they could improve these mistakes. If they let Ba died because of their ignorance, they should be prepared to whatever we might do later on. No..no...not for revenge. But to teach them a lesson that one's life is super precious to his family. So that other patients will receive the best service as if patients are the nurses' dad and moms.
Owh...I have been drifted. Please pardon me, friends.
AirAsia Airvolution Hackathon Tawar Wang Tunai RM25,000
2 jam yang lalu